Welcome to the first guest post on beauty addict mama and that honour goes to Tomas from Buzzparent This super useful post is essential for bloggers who are looking for more traffic and to reach a wider audience.
Check out Tomas’ 8 top tips to help you drive traffic to your blog and be sure to let me know how you get on when you’ve tried them out!
If you’d be interested in guest posting here at beauty addict mama, contact me at email@example.com with an idea and I’ll be in touch.
The key to having a successful blog is getting enough traffic visiting it. There are a lot of simple ways to get more visitors to your blog, some of which you might even be doing already. With a little extra effort each day when creating a post, you’ll quickly be able see an increase in the number of visitors to your blog. Here are 8 top tips to help you get started in creating a successful, high-traffic blog.
1. Post Frequently
Keeping your blog up to date by posting every few days is a great way to get more traffic. You should also try to keep posts to the point, to keep readers interested. This isn’t to say posts should be short, but don’t keep repeating the same information – make sure your content is easy to read. This needs to be on social media as well as on your website. Google needs to see social signals for them to feel you are a real website with natural signals, especially in the early stages of a website being created.
2. Make Your Content Imteresting
Make sure your writing style is appropriate to what you are talking about. It probably goes without saying, but if you write about topics people are searching for, it’s more likely to be found – more on this below.
3. Learn About SEO
This is a sure-fire way to get more readers, by getting your blog to appear higher in search results. Use keywords to your advantage – use tools to find keywords linked to your topic, and incorporate as many different variations as you can.
Tools everyone new to blogging needs to know:
• www.semrush.com – Find what keywords your ranking for.
• www.ahrefs.com – Find out who is linking to you, referring domains = increase in SERP’s for those precious keywords.
• Keyword Planner – Find keywords that can reach use throughout your content
• Keyword Density – Make sure your keyword density for your content isn’t over-optimized or the opposite. Google is trying to connect direct queries in the search box to websites that answer that question. What do you want to be found for??
• WordPress plugin “YOAST” – Everyone with a website needs it.
4. Write Guest Posts On Other Blogs
This is a great way to get your name out there. If you can write a guest post on a bigger blog with more readers, you will find you get more people clicking through to your own blog. Try to find a blog on a similar subject area as your own, so your material will fit in.
• Supporting Sub-header – 4 to 10 words of a headline.
• Captivating headline – First impression are important.
• Play with Words – Fun, funky jargon is always appreciated for Audience capture.
• Bullet Points – Helps make things more easily understood and digestible
• Keep it Lean and Clean – Mobile is the future so make the content in a width for all devices.
• Font Type – Different niches have different Font styles and find the one right for you.
• Bold Baby be Bold – Attention is what we are all fighting for so make points stand out.
• Tell a Story – Everyone wants to read something that is captivating even if as boring as talking about taxes. Good analogies, fun examples that can easily be applied to all readers.
• Images – Heard of the saying “picture states a 1000 words”, well it does…
• Graphs – Everyone loves a good graph, especially one that summarizes a startling fact.
• Concise Content – Get to the point and don’t waffle. People want to get there, like, “NOW”…
• Colour – Make sure to align with the color scheme, make sure that it’s appropriate to the niche. Colour affects mood and will increase engagement or disconnection, Google tracks that back-click.
5. Think About The Purpose Of Your Blog
The most successful blogs are those which are useful resources to others. Don’t use your blog to talk about yourself and try and become a star. Instead, create something helpful, and as a by-product you will become well-known!
An example of purpose – it really can come from the most unlikely places. For some people that is a burning desire to share their story of a painful past or a real life daily struggle with being a parent of 6 including an autistic child. Others might love the experience of blogging about their travels with their children all over the world.
Buzzparent is a website about toys, parenting advice and offers great reviews about everything tech toys to baby strollers. Buzzparent donates 20% of its profits to charity and started out as a personal passsion project and now its donating to charities all over the world, so the moral of the story is plant a seed and watch it grow into a might oak tree.
6. Use The Power Of Social Media
Social media can be a great way to promote your blog posts. By sharing posts, and asking friends and family to share them too, you will find yourself getting more and more visitors to the blog. Social media can also be used to make posts ‘go viral’, if you know how.
7. Re-share Posts On Social Media
Sharing posts for a second time, a little while after they are originally posted can be a great way to get more traffic. Use all social accounts to share the new blog post when it is first written, then perhaps re-post a few days later on one or two accounts. Then, maybe a week or so later, re-post it on another service.
8. Use Links To Your Advantage
Link out to other sites which are related to the material you are writing about. Similarly, contact other bloggers on more powerful sites and ask for links to your posts. You should think carefully about who to contact, and make sure you carefully compose the email to get their attention. Be sure to think about what’s in it for them – if they do choose to link to your blog, it needs to be worthwhile for them.
We hope you have found these tips helpful. You are sure to see an increase in the traffic visiting your blog within a few months if you start following them today.
Tomas Sire has travelled all over the world, from the South Pacific islands of Samoa to the Glasgow, UK. Tomas comes from a big family and they are all close. His mum is a director of a charity and is the lodestone of the family.
Currently, Tomas is writing, editing and running www.buzzparent.com and loves to write about parenting topics ranging from SEO to cool kids toys, games & activities for kids, life hacks and surfer philosophy. He loves people, connecting on a deeper level as well as reading and being solitary at times. However, he is looking forward to the day when everyone can appreciate the differences in people and learn to practice patience with one another, although he is knows he is no saint himself.
His work has been read all over and has been trying to improve day by day, little by little. Life is a winding track and his favourite quote sums things up “Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs. It’s a journey of discovery – there are moments on mountaintops and moments in deep valleys of despair”.